H.E.A.R.T.S. Baby Loss Program was created in 1996 by two bereaved families who were seeking support for their own experiences. Instead of finding a local program, they ended up founding H.E.A.R.T.S., offering support, education and resources to families in the Sherwood Park area. Families from the Greater Edmonton Region are welcome to attend.
Twenty two years later, the program has expanded several times to include the following:
- Group meetings for anyone touched by the loss of a baby during pregnancy or anytime after birth.
- Individual and Family Counseling: Caring, Compassionate and Confidential.
- Sibling Support for Children and Teens: Groups, Summer Daycamps and Retreats.
- Interactive, educational and comforting newsletter.
- Resource Lending Library: Books, DVDs and Printed Materials.
- Pregnancy After Loss Support (P.A.L.S.) for families considering a Rainbow Baby – a subsequent pregnancy after loss.
- Rainbow Babies Birth Doula Support for families who would like the compassionate care a doula can offer during this special pregnancy and birth.
- Creative Memory Activities: Scrapbooking, Memory Boxes, Expressive Arts and Music Therapy, Healing Yoga and Heart Writing.
- Annual Baby Steps Memorial Walk (Fall).
- Annual Candlelight Memorial Service (Winter).
- Educational Workshops and Community Presentations for Professionals interested in supporting Bereaved Baby Loss Parents.